The Middlesex Yeomanry (previously know as "Uxbridge Yeomanry"), adopted a Light Dragoons uniform in 1873.
The uniform was dark green, with black
velvet facings. The tunic
initially sported only three rows of yellow braiding (gold
for officers) - two additional rows were added c.1882.
In 1884, they took the additional title
"Duke of Cambridge's Own Hussars".
The full dress was worn until 1901.