Royal North Devonshire Hussars
Independent troops of Yeomanry were first raised in 1798,
forming the North Devonshire Mounted Rifles in 1803.
They were redisigned Royal North Devonshire Yeomanry Cavalry in 1856, and were styled Hussars from 1868 on.
The uniform is of regular hussar pattern, dark blue with scarlet facings (collar and cuffs) and silver lace (white for other ranks). The busby bag is scarlet, and the plume white over a scarlet base.